Monday, August 15, 2011

August week 2

Hello 14 days!!!
I can't believe that this summer is coming to a close.  It was a fast first part of the summer until about 2 weeks ago.  Now I can't wait.  Starting a job at the school, and all of them in all day, WOW!!  I really thought this day would never come. 

We started Sunday by celebrating Colby's birthday with our family.  We had dinner and then cake and ice cream.  He was really excited about his birthday.  He got new clothes and shoes to start school, some Lego's, and a bunch of money that he has decided that he wants to save.  What a great kid. 

Football!

We started the week out going back to Dr. Hunter for Connor's post surgery check.  He has been so miserable and whinny (hope I spelled it right) and not sleeping that I am ready to scream every day.  So we go to the appointment which Connor is screaming about the whole time that his throat hurts and he can't open his mouth.  Dr. Hunter walks in, he opens his mouth and tells him it hurts a little but its ok.  I'm about ready to kill him.  Oh well, at least I know that he is healing and everything is good. 

Football!

We started and finished school shopping for the kids.  Who knew that clothes, shoes, and everything else could cost so much money. 

Football!

Ashlee got the opportunity to babysit her cousin for 2 days this week.  She had a blast and the money she earned she spent on some extras that she wanted for school.  BONUS!

Football!

Saturday was our Annual Stake BBQ.  We have gone to this every year since they started it.  It is a really fun event.  You get to see people from other wards that you normally don't see very often.  It is so funny when the kids from school see me at an event like this.  They sit and stare at me for a long time and then come up and say Hi.  Teachers say all of the time that the kids think that we live at the school.  I now totally understand.  It's pretty funny. 
I have been wanting to get mine and Ashlee's haircut for a long time, but just have not found the time.  So as I was on facebook on Saturday morning my favorite salon mentioned that they were having a beach party and their services were half off.  Really half off!!!  So we totally took advantage of it.  We invited my mom to come with us and have a girls night.  We got pedicures, haircuts, and got some fun products.  Ashlee's hair is the cutest, and she is loving her blue toe nails. 

All in all it was a great week. Minus that my memory is full on my computer so I can't download pictures yet.  I have been working on this for a couple of weeks, and hope to be able to get them up this week.  I'll work hard. 

No comments: