Monday, August 1, 2011

July week 4

Oh my...what a vacation.  I love camping, but after being gone 2 weeks this year with the youth I was not exactly thrilled to be going camping and living out of a bag for a week again.  Once we finally got packed, fixed the car again, and started heading out of town I got excited.  The kids have been looking forward to this trip all year.  We bought a new tent this year Hooray, so I was excited to see how easy or not it was going to be to set it up.

We got to Moon Lake and all I can say is WOW we got a lot of water this year.  The lake was completely full and they were taking tons of water out of it.  AMAZING.

The boys played in the water, fished, hiked, fished, cooked, fished, and fished.  They had a great time.  I think they played more in the water fishing, but they had a great time.  We rented a boat and it was a lot of fun being out on the water.  The boys both caught a fish.
Jon and I also bought a propane oven this last year, and we got to try it out at camp.  I just have to say I love this oven.  I now have everything that I need in a disaster.  An oven and all of the ingredients to make Chocolate chip cookies.  We will be fine if we are ever in a disaster.  We had a great time.  I don't think we have ever gone up to Moon Lake and it has not rained.  We got away with it all week, and the last night it started to rain.  It rained all night.  When we got up in the morning everything was wet.  Of course when we want to pack up everything is wet.  We left the stuff up most of the morning and it almost dried completely.
On our way home it started to POUR!!!  It was a big storm.  At one point the road was completely washed out.  We got on the main highway and the rain slowed down, but just as we were cresting the hill at Strawberry Reservoir the rain was impressive.  Going about 30 mph and having the windshield wiper going on high speed, it was really hard to see.  It took us a little longer to get home, but that rain storm was awesome.  This storm reminded me of when Jon and I were dating and my parents lived in Roosevelt.  There was one trip that we were coming up over Strawberry Reservoir and it was so foggy you could not see in front of you.  We were going about 5mph and it was scary.  We made it that time and this time.  Going over the Reservoir can be really scary sometimes.  ( I will get pictures up ASAP)

Colton started football this week with the High School football camp.  He is so excited to play.  He had a great time at camp.  Saturday was football gear day.  The boys were so excited.  Here goes to giving up my weekends.

Only 4 weeks until the kids go back to school.  I'm so excited!  It is a sad thought this year.  I'm excited because I'm starting work at the school this year.  I'm really looking forward to working at the school and seeing my kids everyday at school. 
I also got Ashlee registered for school this week.  Wow who knew it was that expensive.  At least that is done.  Here goes to shopping for clothes, backpacks and who knows what else we will need.

No comments: