Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October week 1

I can't believe that it is October already.  I was just reading one of my friends blogs and she was saying that she hates going from AC to Heat in one day, we should have at least 1 month between the two.  I totally agree.  She also showed this picture and I agree I need to find it for Ashlee's room. 
This week was one thing after another.  Monday started with me volunteering in Connors class.  I just love his teacher.  All of my children have gone through her class and this women is amazing.  If she could teach Colton, she could teach anyone. 

This week we had the wonderful opportunity of going to Ashlee's Parent Teacher Conference.  This middle school thing is so new to me I had no idea what to expect from these conferences.  It makes me feel really grateful when you walk in their classroom and they look at you and say how much they like your child.  By the end of conferences I was really wondering who this child was.  Yes she has her struggles but at least the teachers are so willing to work with her and help her to succeed.  The other plus was they did conferences in the teachers classroom.  I remember the conferences in the gym at the school and was looking forward to leaving with a headache.  The classrooms is totally the way to go. 

We had a PTA Treasurers conference call this week.  I'm so grateful for technology sometimes.  This allowed me to talk to 25 people at once and make sure they are all on the same page.  It has totally opened up a can of worms which is good.  The water finally got to the end of the row.  Now the questions and answers start.  I'm so happy to know that people are getting the information they need. 

Friday was Grandparents appreciation day in 3rd grade.  Colton had to interview a grandparent about what life was like for them in 3rd grade, and then draw a picture of them.  He was so excited!  They sang songs and did a slide show of all of the kids with their grandparents.  It turned out really cute.  Here is a picture of Colton and my mom with his picture in the background.  On the way home Colton said I forgot to add hair
to Grandpa's head.  I said well maybe he didn't have hair when he was in 3rd grade.  He just laughed and said mom everyone has hair at my age.  He is such a funny kid.

                                       


Saturday was football again.  Games this week were both in Magna, but just not at the same time.  So we took lunch and decided to spend the day.  Colton's game was at 9am so we had to be there at 8.  It was a awesome game.  Colton caught a pass and ran 60 yards for a touchdown...unfortunately was stopped at the 5 yard line.  Dang it!!  The kids on the Granger team I swear were 12 years old and weighted 250 pounds.  I was so worried about Colton the whole time.  I just kept thinking please don't fall on my child.  The game went great and then it was lunch time. 
Earlier that morning Colby said that his chin hurt.  I could not understand how he hurt it, till I noticed that the hot chocolate thermos was out.  He totally tried to drink boiling hot walk and burned his chin.  He totally looks like he has a sole patch.  I felt so bad for him.  We had to wrap up his chin so he could play his game, and what a great game it was.  Colby ran in the ball for a touchdown.  (Thank you so much coaches for that.)  What another great game.  He was so excited.  Leatherby's here they come!

No comments: