Sunday, October 23, 2011

October week 3

For FHE this week we decided to try to start cleaning up the yard for winter time.  We started by trimming the bushes and pulling and spraying weeds.  Then we put away all of the scooters and bikes.  It was a productive night. 

Tuesday was about the same.  I had craft night at my Aunts house, love my new decorations.  The boys had football.  When I got home the kids were headed to bed, and so was Jon.  He had worked the night before so he was up like 36 hours.  I really don't know how he does it.  I decided to stay up and catch up on some of my shows. So Colton got up and said that he didn't feel good.  I told him to go to the bathroom and then try to go back to bed.  He came out and told me he was going to sleep on the couch and he wanted me to sleep with him.  I am so glad that I listened to him and came out with him.  At 12:55 he started to have a febrile seizure.  It was the longest minute of my life.  Jon and I decided to call 911 because he didn't come out of his last one for a long time.  The paramedics came and started to check him out and make sure he was ok.  They were here about 20 minutes and checked him over.  They asked if we wanted to take him to the hospital but I knew from the last time he had this what to do.  After they left we were talking to him a little bit and what had happened and he remembered going into the seizure and how he didn't like how it made him feel.  He remembered everything about it.  He went to sleep and this morning we asked him about what had happened and he has no idea.  I've decided some things are better not to remember.  I wish I could forget the way he looked and what happened, but it will be in my brain forever.

So Wednesday was pack meeting.  Colby received his Science pin, and Colton received his Wolf badge, 5 arrows and the art belt loop.  They also are retiring a flag tonight.  After are exciting adventures last night I didn't want Colton to go but he really wanted to get out of the house and go.  We only lasted about 40 minutes but it was worth it to see him get his Wolf and watch both boys help retire a flag.  Congrats boys!

So this is a 4 day weekend for me and the kids.  I LOVE IT!!  I totally slept in on Thursday morning.  It was really nice.  For YW's, we got to go to Temple Square and plant flowers.  We planted around the Temple.  It was a lot of fun. 

Friday was even a better day.  All I have done is clean and do laundry.  It is so nice to finally be getting caught up.  Plus Schmidt's Bakery has opened a new store in South Jordan.  YUMMY!  I am so excited.  They have such yummy food and desserts.  Thanks Meagan for telling me and going together to get a treat.

Saturday we are on the road again for football.  Jon is in Park City with Colby and I'm with Colton at Brighton.  Colby and Colton's teams did great.  Coltons team put up a good fight 12-7.  Colby's team won 40 - 0.  Plus BYU won it was a great day for football. 

No comments: